Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Be My Valentine



Today, rather than put together a tutorial, I have collected several ideas for a Heart-felt Valentine's Day.  Most of these ideas are not my own.  When I surf, I collect the ideas I love.  Sooner or later I will get to making many of these and put my own twist on them.  I think most of these crafts explain themselves and I would just like to share.  I wish now I had copied the links to give proper credit, but instead I will simply say thank you to those who came up with each project.  





Make caramel apples, then sprinkle them in candy hearts.






                                                                                                                          
                                       

I am going to make a similar 
pendant from my gourds and
set it in nail heads that I 
normally use in leatherwork.

                         
       







                   I love the shape of this 
             wooden heart.  It  is
             perfect for
             crafting from gourds.





 From the little vintage fabrics to the beautiful combinations of colors, a log cabin warms the heart.













Bright and beautiful, aged and collectable.  These mini quilts are perfect for gift giving.




                     Isn't this pillow adorable?
              If you are a quilter, 
              you probably have the 
              pattern in your applique                                                blocks.



 














How simple an idea.  Take a few paint color strips, punch in a few hearts, and a bookmark is born.  Brew up some tea with your own heart-shaped tea bag.  Then cuddle up with a good book.









How cute is this?  What child wouldn't like a heart shaped hot dog?


 So when you plan on creating a special day, for that special someone, hand made is love to me.  While I have the time, I'll be creating a few of these wonderful cards to send off to all of those special someones in my life. 


                                              Have a great Valentine's Day!



1 comment:

  1. Way cool Valentine's ideas! I would love to know more about your gourds! :) Michelle W (linky friend)

    ReplyDelete