Sunday, February 3, 2013

Magnet Message Board

Magnet Message Board




Recycling is so fun!  I pick up a bottle cap, head to the trash, and Wait! Whoa! I can use this.

I wash up a cookie sheet, no longer fit for the eyes of company, but magnets sure stick to it.  I can use this.

The orange juice can once housed delicious juice, but now?  I know it can be used for something.  I can use this.

One small snippet of fabric used to fashion my Granddaughter's quilt.  It's too cute to throw away, too square for a strip quilt, too little to create a patterned new one, but, I can use that.

This craft idea came from a great local crafting duo who spend many Sundays sharing great ideas.  Craft redo

When I couldn't attend, Sally, my constant craft companion and friend went and shared this with me.

I loved it! 


                                         Here is Sally's. 



          Here is mine. Although I have not finished, you get the idea.


We set out to get organized, and organized we became.  All of these organizers have the same foundation, but each is unique in its own purpose.  The first is a message board.  Sally's shows off cute little pictures on her magnets, and mine is a way to keep my computer cords & things in order.  You can be as creative as you wish in making yours.

Here is what you will need:

Cookie sheet with holes punched for hanging cord or ribbon
Fabric scraps
Ribbon
bottle caps
pill bottles
other containers
magnets
glue

Step one:  Drill two holes in the top of the cookie sheet for hanging.  You could also take a good size nail and hammer the holes through the metal that way.

Step two: pick out two or three fabrics that coordinate.

Step three: Cut them to fit the cookie sheet.

Step four: Glue them down.  (I used a spray adhesive and it worked well.)

Step five: Find a ribbon (fabric also works) to cover the divide between fabrics and sides if you wish.

Step six: Attach magnets to whatever containers, bottles, embellishments you like.

Step seven: Hang your organizer and begin enjoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment